Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Food for thought[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Food for thought
- From: BVeit <BVeit(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 13:13:15 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-17 00:40:17 EDT, Christopher Wright writes: << >I think the important thing to focus on is WHY doctors get paid more. The important thing to focus on (in this list anyway) is engineering. Unless we want to broaden the discussion to include why a first-rate pipefitter is paid less than a second-rate marketing executive. >> Whoa! bad day, or what? A) The topic of this clearly indicates a non-tech. thread. The entire discussion has NOT been focussed on "engineering" -- if by "engineering" you are referring to only the technical side of the profession. It started with an item about doctors! B) This list serves engineers, not pipe fitters. I'm sure they discuss pay scale on their own list-serve. C) My point is that engineers MUST think about broader issues, including pay scale. Why do some engineers insist on sticking their head in the sand when this topic is raised? Must we stereotype our narrow-minded image? BTW, Bill, I think you are right on target with your two reasons. Brian Veit, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Food for thought
- Next by Subject: Re: Food for thought
- Previous by thread: Re: Food for thought
- Next by thread: Re: Food for thought