Re: General Business

> Engineering students(preferable juniors and seniors),new graduates, unemployed
> engineers, moonlighters, fellow one-man engineering firm who is not busy,
> etc........ We need you!!!

> Ernie Natividad

Well, i think Ernie has bought up a very good point.  Civil Engineering is a very
closed profession.  Most firms are small, and hiring is done by words of mouth.
While I was in school, searching for jobs was difficult.  You open a newspaper,
all you see is hiring in the computer industry.  If there are any C.E opening, it
most likely requires experience.
So tell me, how do you get work experience when no one hires you.

I think more firms should consider offering internship to students and do outreach

at campus.  It is a benefit to students and not to mention an opportunity to
promote our profession.

Vivian H.
lucky to found a job.