Re: General Business

I agree with Tom Chiu.

The company I'm working for (a representative office of a French
contractor), was having the similar problem as Bill's. What we did, was we
gave priorities by selecting tender invitations, i.e. choosing client w/ a
strong financial scheme and good projects (do-able). As for the human
resources, the managing director 'borrowed' some engineers from the head
office. Well, in your case, you may try to 'borrow' some engineers from your
friend's office, Bill? This borrowing scheme eliminates the hassle of hiring
and firing while keeping prospective tenders in hand. As for daily work
(whether there's a bid or not), the director decides to keep a minimum
number of engineers in the office.

This may not be the best solution, but I think it works for us.

effie

=====================

===========================

>> Bill Allen, S.E. wrote:
>>
>> I've got a hypothetical question to throw out.
>>
>> I have been getting really busy. I currently am a one man office
>> working out of my home although I've got an executive office to answer
>> my phones and receive my mail. My "traditional" thinking with regards
>> to all of this work has given me three options:
>>
>>   1. Work 80 hours a week.
>>   2. Turn the work down.
>>   3. Expand my office and hire staff.
>>
>> Option 1 is O.K. on a short term basis, but I will get burned out.
>>
>> Option 2 is O.K. except I hate missing opportunities ($).
>>
>> Option 3 is not O.K. (been there; done that).
>>
>> If anyone has any general or specific comments, I would be interested
>> in hearing them. My needs would be both engineering and CADD.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> BillContent-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf"
>
>Attachment Converted: C:\EUDORA\vcard13.vcf

goey96(--nospam--at)rad.net.id