Re: Tornadoes

From: James Cohen <JCCPC(--nospam--at)classic.msn.com>
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
Date: Sunday, April 19, 1998 12:09 AM
Subject: RE: Tornadoes

>For interest, there is research currently underway, funded by FEMA, to
develop
>in-residence tornado resistant shelters.

Would this, by any chance, be similar to the 10'x10' x 6' high buried
concrete box with a heavy bolted steel door installed in my parents' home in
Arkansas?  I also remember my grandparents had a "storm-shelter" in thier
yard (anyone see the opening to the movie 'Twister'?)  What technology do we
have today that will make surviving a direct hit by a tornado that is better
than burying yourself?

Dan