RE: Tornadoes

The research involves testing of various construction wall and roof sections
for resistance to a specified missile. The missile parameters have been
previously investigated from historic tornado records. This is similar (but
not identical) to the ASTM and Dade County, Florida specifications for
hurricane resistant glazing. The intention is to provide a safe haven in
single family homes without the need for "self-burial" which is not practical
in many areas due to poor soil or high ground water.

James Cohen, PE
PIM (Partners in Mitigation) Fellow, FEMA
c/o James Cohen Consulting, P.C.
PO Box 130
Pennington, New Jersey 08534
Tel: 609-730-0510