RE: AutoCAD: Capture screen to Word document file

> To incorporate an AutoCAD detail into Micorsoft Word document,
> I used to be able to capture the drawing on the screen in
> AutoCAD 13 as a bitmap and pasted it into the Microsoft Paint.

> What is the workaround out there?  Are there any other
> software that can do the job?

The best way to incorporate AutoCAD drawings in Word (or other programs) is
to use the Windows Metafile Format (WMF).  WMF's are a generic vector based
file format.  AutoCAD has some native support for WMF's but I understand
that it is difficult to get a good result.  We use a 3rd party software
called PlotPack from Robert McNeel & Associates.  It installs a printer
driver that instead of plotting to a printer, plots to a file in the WMF
format.  The file can then be imported into any Windows based program.  One
advantage to using Plotpack is that you can map screen colors to pens -
which gives you control over line weights and color.

Robert McNeel & Associates has a website.  Also, for R14 be sure to get the
update as well.  If I recall, it was $250 for a site license for 30+
engineers.

James Lord
URS Greiner