RE: Drafter / Engineer Needed

I don't get it.

Why is it that someone can't send a job listing on the mailing list? If SEAOC were genuinely concerned about the traffic it might generate (although I think I've only seen about three or four listings all the while I've subscribed to this list- and yes, one of them was from me ;)) then why, for cryin out loud, is there so much "humor" stuff sent without so much as a request from the administrators to cease such truly irrelevant stuff?

I'd much rather hear about a job offering somewhere than some of the other drivel that crosses this mailing list. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT a humorless person. I just think that the reason given for restricting job offerings is a red herring because they do NOT clog the mail list nearly as much as other, more useless and irrelevant things do.

Thanks,
Robert Grandmaison
MKM & Associates- a company always eager to hire a good engineer or CAD operator!