AutoCAD: Capture screen to Word document

Sam,

Have you tried "plotting" to a file using HPGL and then importing into
whatever you want?  Since you can "plot" "window," you should be able to
select whatever you want.

You don't have to have a plotter that uses HPGL to use this --- you just have
to tell AutoCad that you have one.

I use this technique to include parts of AutoCad drawings in WordPerfect
documents.  WordPerfect will automatically convert HPGL files.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

. > To incorporate an AutoCAD detail into Micorsoft Word document,
. > I used to be able to capture the drawing on the screen in
. > AutoCAD 13 as a bitmap and pasted it into the Microsoft Paint.
. > The extra step does two things for me.  (1) change the color-scaled
. > bitmap to gray-scaled bitmap and  (2) invert the color.  Insert the
. > gray-scaled bitmap file keeps my word document size in reasonable
. > size and invert the color save inks when I print.
. >
. > I can't do that in R14 anymore.   Here are my problems:
. >
. > (1) Capture is capturing the whole screen (not just the
. >  working area.)
. > (2) Copy-link capture the working  area to the Clipboard
. >  but I can't paste it into Paint.
. > (3) Can't paste Clipboard into Paint.
. >
. > What is the workaround out there?  Are there any other
. > software that can do the job?
. >
. >
. > Thanks