From: Robert Grandmaison <robert(--nospam--at)mkmassociates.com>
To: 'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org' <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
Date: Tuesday, April 21, 1998 11:06 AM
Subject: RE: Drafter / Engineer Needed

>I don't get it.
>
>Why is it that someone can't send a job listing on the mailing list? If
SEAOC were genuinely concerned about the traffic it might generate (although
I think I've only seen about three or four listings all the while I've
subscribed to this list- and yes, one of them was from me ;)) then why, for
cryin out loud, is there so much "humor" stuff sent without so much as a
request from the administrators to cease such truly irrelevant stuff?

>I'd much rather hear about a job offering somewhere than some of the other
drivel that crosses this mailing list. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT a
humorless person. I just think that the reason given for restricting job
offerings is a red herring because they do NOT clog the mail list nearly as
much as other, more useless and irrelevant things do.