Tilt-Up Retrofit: Need some information

An architect friend of mine called this afternoon with questions about retrofitting a tilt-up building. Although I spent a short time on this committee for SEAOC, I never really got involved with the work.
The building is a 4" thick concrete tilt-up - 14' high. The architect said that he did not think the pilasters were any more than an overall 6" thick.
The building was constructed in the 60's and is located in Lawndale California.

1. Do the walls need to be checked for buckling or is the only requirement of tilt-up retro to anchor the diaphragms to relieve the ledgers of cross-grain failure.

2. Does anyone have a County of Los Angeles tilt-up requirement they can fax to me.

There is an adjacent reinforced masonry structure built in the 70's. The client wants to know if this needs to be considered for any remedial work.

For my own benefit, I would like to know what range of fees are applicable to retrofit work of this type. I don't have any idea as to the time and resources it takes to complete a 4050 square foot building. If you don't feel comfortable posting this on the list, please email me at wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com .

Thank you.

Dennis S. Wish PE
La Quinta, California
wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com

ICQ# 6110557
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/6110557

"The difference between sex and death is that with death you can do it alone and no one is going to make fun of you."
Woody Allen