Re: AutoCAD: Capture screen to Word document

Bill,

The HPGL function is still available, you need to print to a HPGL file (assuming
release 14 still does that) and then from the WP8 menu select:

INSERT|GRAPHICS|FROM FILE|

The file open dialog box will open and if you have installed all of the filters
(available only in a custom installation) you should have HPGL available as a
choice.

I don't routinely use ACAD files (the firm where I work has only two AutoCad
Workstations between five (5) offices LT and R13), however, I would also try
exporting as a DXF and then importing in WP8.  We routinely do this for
electronic submissions to clients for our boring log software and it works
fairly well. There are, however, some problems with fonts.

Another alternative in Suite8 is to import into Presentations and then it can be
saved and edited as a WPG.  NOTE that when you try and edit a non OLE object in
Suite8 you can convert it from a Raster to a Bitmap by selecting the image, Rt
Mouse Button and then Open or Edit Image.  This is a great way to clean up a
scanned image pixel by pixel.

I'll give this some thought and get back to you.

Arvel