Re: List Job Offers

At 4/21/98 , you wrote:
>Therefore, I don't feel that it is at all wrong to post a request for work
>on this list. Nor do I feel it is wrong to request any available member on
>this list to help on a project or share work. Once the team is created or
>the job is secure, take it off-line and away from the list.
>
>Any comments?
>
>Dennis

I agree. However:

1. You can not penalize all subscribers simply because a very small
percentage will benifit from it.

2. Many countries still charge their users per email.

3. Job posting is still an income source for all chapters of SEAOC.

4. Job Forum attracts traffic to our web site.

5. Head hunters and employment agencies will love this list. They know how
to use lists that allow FREE job postings.

6. On an average, this list server sends 25 email a day. That is quite
high! Anything we can do to cut the traffic and focus on the Structural
Engineering issues would be appreciated by membership in large.

7. Seeking employment and Help wanted ads are similar to advertising. The
difference is, one is selling his service while the other is selling a
product. Advertising has a cost and a place. I oppose to any advertising on
this list server, including Help wanted ads.

Shafat