Re: List Job Offers

Shafat,

I'm just interested in knowing what the members of this listserve think about
this issue. I suggest that we conduct a survey on wether we should allow
personal help wanted and services offered ads in the listserve as long as it
has limited ad length and frequency of postings.

Each member can:

 1) agree or vote yes(provided certain rules and limitations set by the
listserve administrator are followed),

 2) disagree or vote no(absolutely no free ads),

 3) abstain or undecided(haven't made up their mind yet or doesn't matter
either way is OK, or doesn't care, etc)

.A short comment may be included in the vote/response to survey.

Let's tally the results and see what the listserve thinks. Let's see how many
will respond and what are the percentages of yes, no and abstain votes out of
those who responded.

Those who don't respond are not counted! They either have no opinion, not
interested, not reading this topic, on vacation, etc.

BTW, this should only be a survey. The final decision to allow it or not
should be in the hands of the listserve administrator.

Ernie Natividad

P.S.  My vote is yes provided ads are placed personally by a listserve member,
not more than 10 lines long, and not posted  more than once a week. It must be
structural engineering related.

No headhunters, employment agencies or spammers.

A  principal or partner of an engineering firm who is a member of the
listserve may post the ad personally for his firm but not his employment
agency or his personnel department.