Re: List Job Offers

I agree with Ernie.

In addition, people looking for work should *not* include their resume,
although a *brief* description of their background, licenses, and experience
should be in the post.  This should be like the cover letter one sends, or
should send, with their resume --- it should be enough to pique the interest
of a potential employer, but not enough to bore him/her.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Ernie Nativadad wrote:

. > Shafat,
. >
. > I'm just interested in knowing what the members of this listserve think
. > about this issue. I suggest that we conduct a survey on wether we should
. > allow personal help wanted and services offered ads in the listserve as
. > long as it has limited ad length and frequency of postings.
. >
. > Each member can:
. >
. >  1) agree or vote yes(provided certain rules and limitations set by the
. > listserve administrator are followed),
. >
. >  2) disagree or vote no(absolutely no free ads),
. >
. >  3) abstain or undecided(haven't made up their mind yet or doesn't matter
. > either way is OK, or doesn't care, etc)
. >
. > .A short comment may be included in the vote/response to survey.
. >
. > Let's tally the results and see what the listserve thinks. Let's see how
. > many will respond and what are the percentages of yes, no and abstain
. > votes out of those who responded.
. >
. > Those who don't respond are not counted! They either have no opinion, not
. > interested, not reading this topic, on vacation, etc.
. >
. > BTW, this should only be a survey. The final decision to allow it or not
. > should be in the hands of the listserve administrator.
. >
. > Ernie Natividad