RE: Drafter / Engineer Needed

James,

I understand your position. I do not, however, have time during my day to scan through a resume webpage that, as the internet increases to clog, will take much more time that I can devote to it. I barely have enough time to retrieve my email and scan the headers for relevant information that I gleen for my use. It would be extrememely useful for me and the company I work for if those looking for work (and for them, those of us looking to hire) could immediately bring to our attention their searching. If such email put out there on the mailing list would just identify itself in the subject line, it would easily be removed from anyone's inbox with a killfile or just ignored. I suggest everyone preface their Job Search or Job Opportunity with some key words suggested by the listserv administrator and let those of us who already recieve lots of irrelevant mail that we have to sort out, decide whether or not it's useful information for us. Rules could be set in place to limit the size of the initial post. Something like...

 "Hey I'm looking/hiring for an engineering position in Northern California, contact me at "whatever@his/herISP.com" for more information."

...would be enough for me...I'll contact them and at that point the real resumes/offers can be exchanged.

As for head hunters, etc,- I've belonged to several mail lists. Each could be a target for such agencies. I've NEVER seen any of them abused- probably because it wouldn't make much sense for an agency who's trying to make money  by finding jobs for people to allow those people to make direct connections with the companies that will be hiring them. Um...unless, of course, that's what SEAOC is intending to do ; )

Not all of us enjoy web browsing for resumes. Mailing lists are MUCH quicker.

Sincerely,
Robert Grandmaison
MKM & Associates- A great Northern California Civil/Structural engineering firm looking to hire  great engineers and CAD operators.