RE: COMP Woodworks

I am curious to find out if anyone out there has tried the
new(Windows)version of Woodworks. Comments and opinions would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill Allen

Dear Bill:

We have used Woodworks since the first version was available for
purchase.  Currently, we use Woodworks SIZER 97b and Woodworks
CONNECTIONS 95.  Both are Windows programs.  SIZER uses a nice GUI that
is similar to RAMSTEEL and PCA BUILD.  I recommend both of the Wordworks
programs (as well as RAM and PCA).

In Texas, we don't get involved in many timber projects.  Perhaps this
is because we intentionally avoid most residential and religious
projects!  Consequently, we only use Woodworks once or twice a year.

If you want a more detailed opinion, contact me by private email.

Best regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas

We are born with our eyes closed and our mouths
open, and we spend our whole lives trying to
reverse that mistake of nature.   ... anonymous