Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Tilt-up alterations[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Tilt-up alterations
- From: Richard_Ranous/OES(--nospam--at)oes.ca.gov
- Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:49:19 -0700
It sounds like increasing the width of the door opening will not be a problem based on the amount of solid wall available in the length of the building. The problem will come in providing the appropriate edge reinforcing. In the past I have used Channel frames around the door connected to the wall with expansion or epoxy set bolts. Another method would be with large steel angles and bolt the angles into the wall face. This method is a little more tricky in the detailing and welding in the corners.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Tilt-up alterations
- Next by Subject: Re: Tilt-up alterations
- Previous by thread: RE: Tilt-up alterations
- Next by thread: Re: Tilt-up alterations