Re: COMP Woodworks

If we try to use woodworks for steel column, then we cannot call it woodworks
anymore. We have to call it steelworks. Similarly, we might have to find
someone who can also develop a software called concreteworks, masonryworks,
etc.

I think woodworks was developed by someone who is an expert or very experience
in wood design, and probably that is all they do or at least majority of their
work is wood. I don't tnink these guys will try developing a program for other
materials if it will not be a good one.

Those who sell software that can design using different materials may not be
as good as woodworks because there is just too many things to consider for
each different material, to make it really good.

My point is, it's hard to get an ideal single software that will do everything
we want, the way we want it. Unless, we hire a programer who is good in
computers, is an experienced engineer and pay him for a custom order software.
This is going to be expensive, will take a lot of your time,  and may take
time to finish. And the guy might just set up his own company after you have
trained and helped him develop a good program, and make more money for himself
just selling software.

Ernie Natividad