Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: masonry tests

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
You might contact some of the testing agencies in Southern California like
MEC Labs in Glendale, Smith Emory in Los Angeles to name a couple who do a
lot of work with masonry and Unreinforced Masonry buildings. You can also
contact Tim Foster from Specialized Testing who may be able to help you.
Tim can be reached (when he checks his email) at Tfoster109(--nospam--at) Tell
him Dennis Wish PE recommended that you talk to him (also tell him I said
Dennis S. Wish PE

-----Original Message-----
From: Esteban González Elizondo [mailto:931642(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 1998 1:51 PM
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)
Subject: masonry tests

Can you tell me where can I find information about monotonic loading
tests of integral masonry walls with height to width ratio >=  2 ?

 The walls have to be subjeted to a serie of displacement controlled
in-plane of the wall, and they  have to present a flexural mode of
failure. The walls can be of  hollow  concrete or clay  bricks, total
o parcialy grouted.

  I need the information about the material
properties ( yield and hardening strength of vertical and horizontal
reinforcement,  ultimate strength of prims, mortar and  reinforcement;
wall and brick dimensions, ...).

Finaly, I need the load-displacement diagrams obtained with the test.

If you can help me, please write me to 931642(--nospam--at)

I will apreciate any help or discussion.