Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Brainteaser[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org'" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: RE: Brainteaser
- From: Bill Polhemus <polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net>
- Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 10:52:12 -0500
I'd just get my wife to holler down at me when I hit the correct switch. -----Original Message----- From: lsmith(--nospam--at)ursgreiner.com [SMTP:lsmith(--nospam--at)ursgreiner.com] Sent: Friday, April 24, 1998 7:26 AM To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org Subject: Brainteaser OK, this has nothing to do with engineering, but you do need to think to figure it out, so, I believe we all qualify. According to a friend of mine, this was a question from a MENSA test: There is a switchplate with three (3) switches in the basement of a house. Up the stairs in a room on the ground floor is a light bulb. The new owner of the house knows that the light bulb is controlled by one of the three switches and is in the basement. With only one trip up the stairs, how can the new owner determine which switch controls the light bulb?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Brainteaser
- Next by Subject: Re: Brainteaser
- Previous by thread: RE: Brainteaser
- Next by thread: RE: Brainteaser