Job Postings on List Server

We've already had discussions regarding the appropriateness of jokes & political conversations.  Now we're debating job listings.  Invariably, there are more postings discussing the relevance of such postings than the original postings themselves.

Why don't we just allow postings of any kind.  If one sort of posting becomes a problem, we could "disallow" that type of post at that time.

As of yet, there have been a couple of job posts and about 50 posts regarding the appropriateness of job posts (including this one).

Nick Arenson, P.E.
Krawinkler, Luth & Associates