FEMA 310, Handbook for the Seismic Evaluation of Buildings -- A Prestandard

Members of ASCE Standards Committee on Seismic Rehabilitation of Existing
Buildings,

If you are not a member of this ASCE Standards Committee, please disregard
this email message.

As you know, the deadline for comments on the subject document are due on May
29, 1998, alittle over a month from now.

I would appreciate any comments on this document you might have sent to me at
"FEMCCLURE(--nospam--at)aol.com", not to the SEAOC LIST Server.

I am particularly interested in your comments on Section 3.7.16, General Basic
Structural Checklist, page 3-113, Shear Transfer, Vertical Components and
Panel Connections, particularly concerning the requirements for Immediate
Occupancy.

I hope you will take the time to read and fill out the Ballot form and not
just mark "Affirm" for each ballot item without serious consideration of the
wording of the ballot item.

Frank E. McClure  FEMCCLURE(--nospam--at)aol.com