Re: rebar stakes

What is the overall dimension of the container?  Is the decomposed
granite exposed at ground surface?  If not, how deep is the soil
overburden? Is the overturning large enough to produce both tension in
some part of the foundation?

Without knowing the magnitude of loads at the foundation level, it may
be difficult to offer any definitive solution.  However, it seems to me
that the dowels need to be no deeper than, say, 2 feet into sound
granite ( I am sure that the granite is decomposed only for a short
depth from its top) and set in some epoxy grout. Assume that the lateral
load is equally shared by all the dowels, calculate bending moment and
consequent bending stress in the dowel at its interface with top of
sound granite.  Adjust the number of dowels so that the calculated
stress is less than allowable.

I prefer to use A36 or A50 quality steel for dowels, because it can be
welded to the skid.  It is not common to weld rebar.

Rajendran