Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: bracing connections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: bracing connections
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: 27 Apr 98 10:14:05 -0400
Evan Jorgensen wrote: > Therefore, when designing the bracing connections per Section 2212.6.3, do I need to design the connection for (3/8)*Rw times the minimum load ( i.e., using C/Rw = 0.40) or times the calculated load ( i.e., using C/Rw = 0.24, in this case)? < Since Section 2220.127.116.11(2) refers to "the force in the brace due to prescribed seismic forces", I would say that the "prescribed seismic forces" are the forces calculated using C/Rw=0.40. This is consistent with the intent to have the connections stronger than the member.
- Prev by Subject: Re: bracing connections
- Next by Subject: Brainteaser
- Previous by thread: Re: bracing connections
- Next by thread: Merlin