Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Column leveling plates[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Column leveling plates
- From: "Jerry King" <KINGJW(--nospam--at)sverdrup.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 16:10:44 -0500
I have a question regarding the use of leveling plates under column bases. Our office typically does not allow the use of leveling plates. The concern is that the leveling plate may not be perfectly flat, and the column base plate will not be in full contact. Most of the buildings we do are in the 3-4 story range. Naturally the contractor for our current project wants to use leveling plates. Does anyone have an opinion on leveling plates? Thanks in advance. Jerry King, PE Sverdrup Facilities, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Cold formed sections
- Next by Subject: Re: Column leveling plates
- Previous by thread: Re: 1997 UBC Seismic
- Next by thread: Re: Column leveling plates