Subject: Topic: History of Conventional Framing Needed
Author:  MIME:wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com at INTERNET
Date:    4/26/98 11:49 AM

The story for Conventional Wood Framing that I heard sets the creation of
this section of the code to the end of World War II. The story originates
around in Los Angeles - specifically the the Silver Lake area that saw the
greatest rise of construction at the end of the war. The provisions were
intended to meet the needs of new families and marriages of the soldiers
returning from war - the Baby Boomers parents. The code was created to
provide a prescriptive measure for a typical 900 square foot bungalow -
relatively square and with a sloped roof with a pitch of 3:12 and greater.

Can anyone confirm this story or provide me with any other stories (or
facts) that may have led to the creation of a prescriptive method?
Dennis S. Wish PE
La Quinta, California
wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com

ICQ# 6110557
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/6110557
"The rich will do anything for the poor but get off their backs."
Karl Marx