Re: Re: SLAB - Control Joints in Concrete Slab on Grade

seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org,Internet writes:
Is it appropriate to use fiber mesh (I am assuming that this material is
the short, chopped glass admixture which I have seen) in walkways?  In
the installations which I have seen, ends of the chopped glass fibers
are exposed on the surface, detracting from the appearance, catching
debris, etc.

Yes, you do get "fuzzy concrete".  It looks like it needs a shave.  But this
is only temporary.  UV light will remove the the hairs in time.  If you can't
wait you can get a blow torch and with one quick stroke they are gone.  In
time you will not be able to tell Fibermesh was ever used.

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team
rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org