Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Column leveling plates[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Column leveling plates
- From: rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org (Richard Lewis)
- Date: 28 Apr 1998 14:48:33 GMT
- Cc: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org,Internet writes: I have a question regarding the use of leveling plates under column bases. = Our office typically does not allow the use of leveling plates. The = concern is that the leveling plate may not be perfectly flat, and the = column base plate will not be in full contact. Most of the buildings we = do are in the 3-4 story range. Naturally the contractor for our current project wants to use leveling = plates. Does anyone have an opinion on leveling plates? Thanks in advance. Jerry King, PE Sverdrup Facilities, Inc. I specify leveling plates at pinned column bases and leveling nuts at fixed column bases. However, I guess it depends on what part of the country you are in and what the local preference is because I have had contractors change from a leveling plate to using leveling nuts because that is what they prefer. __________________________________________________ Richard Lewis, P.E. Missionary TECH Team rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org The service mission like-minded Christian organizations may turn to for technical assistance and know-how.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Column leveling plates
- Next by Subject: Re: Commercial Sign stru
- Previous by thread: Re: Column leveling plates
- Next by thread: Re: ICBO Fax on Demand