Re: Nordic Preformance Based Code

At 11:01 29.4.1998 -0800, you wrote:
>     Has anyone looked into the Nordic Building Code model for in-depth
>     understanding as a performance code model ?
>
>     Do we have any Nordic Engineers participation on this site ?
>

>     Sash Lulla

Yes, there is a least one Nordic engineer (from Iceland).  Time to step out
of the shadows, I guess.

I have not heard of any Nordic Building Code. Where did you hear about
that? Presently, each Nordic country has its own and as far as I know that
is not going to change.  Some are more performance-based than others,  I
think the Swedes have taken that further than the other countries, at least in
fire protection.

Gudrun Olafsdottir
Reykjavik, Iceland