RE: Survey, final result (Corrected)

Bill

I do not think you are correct in your assumptions of CEs. I did not get my
SE for 8 to 10 years after collage as it was not required. Should I have
been restricted to design only sewers for this time. I could design a sewer
but I sure would not make any money at it. My guess is that 70% or more of
the engineering work is in one or two story residential or commercial
buildings. Six months after graduation I was designing this type of building
with minimal checking by the owner. When I got my CE license I checked and
signed work for others who had not taken the CE test yet. The University I
attend did not have a BS in Structural Engineering only Civil Engineering.
We all took the same classes. We all took strength of materials and static
along with the basic material design classes. Do not get to high and mighty
about your SE it is only a title not a license to practice.

Acie Chance

CE first then SE