Canadian Design Codes

I am doing some work on buildings in Canada and have a few questions
regarding Canadian design codes that I would appreciate any help on.

1)  The Canadian concrete code is very similar to the ACI code.  Has
this always been the case?  If not, when did the codes more or less
converge?

2)  Ductile detailing of concrete frames was first introduced in the
1967 UBC.  When were similar provisions added to the Canadian Code?

3)  Are welded steel moment frame buildings in Canada susceptible
to Northridge-like failures of the beam-column joints?  Do they
specify tougher weld metal or use superior welding techniques,
especially in colder areas of the country?  How have they addressed
the issue?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Leo J. Bragagnolo, P.E.
Group Manager