RE: Survey, final result (Corrected)

One thing to ad to Acie's post: Some of us did not graduate from a
University and not because of the lack of an appropriate education. I
changed schools many times in order to seek out the courses that I thought
was relevant to the work I wanted to perform. I took most of my course in
engineering at Loyola Marymount University - a good school for Civil, but a
poor choice if you want to study structures. From there I transferred to Cal
State Northridge to take Timber, Concrete and Steel courses. I did this
because the instructors were practicing engineers who could teach me the
practical side of my profession (I was over 30). I moved to the desert at 43
without completing residency requirements at one school to obtain my
diploma. Prior to that I studied Architecture for 3.5 years at U of I Circle
Campus, and a 1.5 at DePaul and Loyola in Chicago for business courses. All
tolled - over six years full time in college.
My point is that I was more interested in the courses I was taking than
simply completing a checklist of graduation requirements. Loyola Marymount
had some great instructors in the basics (Dr. Franklin Fischers Advanced
Mechanics of Materials was a great course) as was the Soil Engineering
department under Dr. Don Anderson. Cal State had practicing members of SEAOC
teach concrete, timber and Steel as I felt it should be taught. Had I been
closer to Cal Poly Pomona - I would probably have gone out of my way to take
Breyers course in Wood.
Don't judge a person by where or if he received his diploma - this is no
indication of his educational skills. Base it upon how he performs in the
real world with the knowledge he obtained through the combination of work
and education.
When you deal in gray area's there is no stead fast rules and the majority
of life exists in the gray areas.

Dennis Wish PE