Re: I am looking for design guide and table for a semicircle 8" cmu arch design. The diameter is 16', th

Try Heyman's the Stone Skeleton provides good ideas on design.isbn 0 521 47270 9

Last time I designed arch I used ULARC from USC - Powell really good program
for that does elastic plastic analysis.  Masonry is really plastic but it
gets the pins in the right place.

good luck

John Nichols

At 13:05 30/04/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I am looking for design guide and table for a semicircle 8" cmu arch
design. The diameter is 16', the arch supports the wall weight above, and
horizontal wind load. In the middle of the arch, there is a 2'-8" wide 8"
cmu wall from slab to roof. I might consider a three hinged arch design.