Steel: A36 Gr 50 vs AW44

We got some channel steel in that was certified to AW44,
a Canadian standard.  Our specifications call for A36 Gr. 50
for which we usually get the dual-certified steel for A529.
The test values for tensile are 81.7 ksi, higher than the
80 ksi max allowed for A36.

The equivalency tables for weldability I ran across indicate that
the AW44 is equivalent to A529 but is not listed under A36.

The channel is being used on only bolted connections.

My guess is that there is not a problem.  But, I would like confirmation
from the collective wisdom of the list.

Valerie Eskelsen
Canam/Sun Steel Buildings and Joists
eskelsev(--nospam--at)juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]