Re: LOL

<< Out of curiosity, how many times to clients question/challenge your limits
 of liability? >>

Jeff, I do get questions from clients once in a while as to why I want to
limit my liability - about 1 out of 20.  It is hard to explain.  I usually try
to explain and recently was awarded a contract for fairly sizable ($350k)
residential remodel.  In addition to other reasones, I explained that it
should cover reasonable costs to correct the problem if any and that I belived
the amount of LOL I had stated in the contract was reasonable.  The client
understood and accepted.

The 19 out of 20 who do not question, are typically the best clients.  They
get the job done, pay on time and move on.  It is those who start questioning
are problem.  They are more of a pain in the butt.  I refused a contract when
the questions appeared to be more than normal and I spent more time answering
frequent phone calls.  I am glad I did not accept the work.  I have also found
that Doctors and Attorney's to be difficult clients, particularly for
residential projects.

Anand Nene, S. E.