Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Geotechnical opinions[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Geotechnical opinions
- From: Parkerres <Parkerres(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 10:22:28 EDT
I also saw full site settlement first hand after the Northridge EQ. We did a structural survey of the damage at Cleveland High School, not far from the epicenter. On the campus of 20+ buildings, four or so of the main buildings were on piles, the rest on continuous footings. After the quake, all of the pile buildings had "risen" an inch or two above the adjacent grade. Soils test actually showed that the whole site had consolidatd, but the pile supported buildings stayed where they were. An interesting problem. Bruce Resnick, SE Parker Resnick Str. Eng.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Geotechnical opinions
- Next by Subject: Glass information
- Previous by thread: Re: Geotechnical opinions
- Next by thread: Re: History of Conventional Wood Framing