Subject: That's another week ended.
Author:  MIME:cejn(--nospam--at)engmail.newcastle.edu.au at INTERNET
Date:    4/30/98 5:35 PM

Dear Bill, Dennis, Kate and John (C.J.),

Well its another week in the salt mills of Australia.  The wharves are still
blockaded and the Prime Minister still looks like  twerp.  ( Twerp means a
small bird sitting uselessly on ground.  Or a Pres with his pants down in
the Oval Office. -- Honest she's a practicing proctologist.')

It is funny to see the reaction to the Unions blockading the wharves cause
they lost their jobs most likely illegally.  I wonder how many of the
whingers have heard of M Gandhi.  The papers are whipping up a storm and the
police are trying to stop a blood bath.  When does breaking the law become
civil disobendience (when half the population is on one side and half on the
other.)

I am not surprised that there are too many lawyers in the States and they
are over represented in Congress.  Is it not true for a lawyer to work
someone has to do something crooked,  conform with a law or wonder if you
are conforming.
Ah Catch 22 if you are a lawyer how do you stay in work.  You make new laws,
easy and as people get used to them you change them.  You close the shop as
well.

I found out more about Codes and yes they are becoming internationalized.  I
really would like to know more on hte Nordic Codes if any one has any
information

I joked with Bill and was amazed at the response.  Obviously a raw nerve.
In any change one needs a grandfather clause.  But the practice of
engineering needs tightening every where.
And Civil and structural should be two separate practices.  (PS I have made
a living off sewers when there was no other work around.  Dinna knock it
please.--Joke.)

Most people do not realize that it probably needs tightening more in the
intraplate areas rather than just the Californias of this world.

I sent my paper to the Cairns conference on Masonry.  And made a panel with
fireclay instead of cement.  ( Ok stop laughing it is a bit soft but I was
in a hurry.)  Today I have to wash the clay and sand out and fix it.

And I have absolutely no idea wha the LOL every one is refering to is?

Have a nice weekend

John Nichols.  ( Me I get to go to swimming lessons,  watch Big Dog and Miss
Kim (She kissed me on the cheek once when I was Santa.)  cook barbie at a
friends place..  No shrimp only prawns in Australia and probably finish my
paper for England.)

Thanks for the interesting week.  This list is more fun than Punch and
cheaper.