Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Publication "Recommended Lateral Force Requirements and Comm[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Publication "Recommended Lateral Force Requirements and Comm
- From: "Ron Hamburger" <roh(--nospam--at)eqe.com>
- Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 07:09:12 PST
- Priority: normal
On 5/5 - Tahir Qureshi, wrote: > Can someone tell me how to get a copy of the subject publication or some thing > like that. I am in process of EVALUATING AN EXISTING STEEL FRAME BUILDING FOR > SESMIC LOADINGS. > Is there any other publication/book which can help me in this regard, and > where to find or borrow it? > Thanks in advance for your help, this is my first time I am trying SEAOC. The "Recommended Lateral Force Requirements ..." known affectionately by California Engineers as the "Blue Book" is available from SEAOC - phone number 916-427-3647. It is a must for newcomers to earthquake engineering, however, it will not proivde much information on evaluation of an existing building. A better guideline is the new FEMA-273 publication, available from the Building Seismic Safety Council in Washington, DC - phone 202-289-7800 Ronald O. Hamburger, SE Regional Manager EQE International, Inc. San Francisco, California
- Prev by Subject: Re: pt-tensioned slab system
- Next by Subject: Re: Publication "Recommended Lateral Force Requirements and Comm
- Previous by thread: Publication "Recommended Lateral Force Requirements and Commentary"
- Next by thread: Self Driving Caissons