Re: Publication "Recommended Lateral Force Requirements and Comm

On 5/5 - Tahir Qureshi, wrote:

> Can someone tell me how to get a copy of the subject publication or some thing
> like that. I am in process of EVALUATING AN EXISTING STEEL FRAME BUILDING FOR
> SESMIC LOADINGS.
> Is there any other publication/book which can help me in this regard, and
> where to find or borrow it?
> Thanks in advance for your help, this is my first time I am trying SEAOC.

The "Recommended Lateral Force Requirements ..."  known
affectionately by California Engineers as the "Blue Book" is
available from SEAOC - phone number 916-427-3647.  It is a must for
newcomers to earthquake engineering, however, it will not proivde
much information on evaluation of an existing building.  A better
guideline is the new FEMA-273 publication, available from the
Building Seismic Safety Council in Washington, DC - phone
202-289-7800
Ronald O. Hamburger, SE
Regional Manager
EQE International, Inc.