"T's" request for seismicity info on Nadhodka

"T"

As for information on the seismicity (code) for Nadhodka, CIS (USSR), I
offer the following:

Nadhodka is adjacent to Vladivostok, which is a 6 on the Medvedev scale.
That is comparable to about 0.05g acceleration.

The Medvedev scale is based on physical measurement (acceleration) for
intensity at a given area, and NOT by whether or not a Bull-Durham sign
fell over (MM intensity scale).

7 is equivalent to 0.1g; 8 to 0.2g; and 9 to 0.4g. I am assuming that
the 6 is ~0.05 but I never had the need to plot or pursue anything at
that low level.

This information can be verified in Seismic Zoning of the USSR by S.
Medvedev; ed. 1976; which is translated into English by the Israel
Program for Scientific Translations.

If you have difficulty in finding that source, then let me know by email
(provide your fax number) and I will be willing to send you some brief
info on this plus a small zoning map of the area of your interest.

Dick McConnell
Springfield, VA