RE: Structural Design on the Pacific coast of Russia

It's been a while since I've worked in Russia.  To the best of my knowledge the Russian building Codes or SNIP's are governed all over the Russian Federation, and should be in effect in Nahodka.  I am not sure what are the current regulations in Russia, but as far as seismic design you are probably better of designing it at least to the standards of Canadian codes or UBC, taking into the account the disastrous performance of Russian precast concrete buildings in Armenia and on Sakhalin Peninsula.

What are the materials they are planning to use?

Regards,

Sasha Itsekson, PE