RE: Question for East Coast Engineers

Just a quick comment, we certainly consider lateral design for wind as
well as for seismic.  Diaphragms and connections for a full load path do
get attention.   By the way, seismic loads often control over wind for
many locations in the Eastern U.S., especially for heavy vessel
foundations and for modifications to older masonry structures (lacking
reinforcing).

Ed Marshall, PE
Simons Engineering
Atlanta