Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
East Coast Lateral Forces[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: East Coast Lateral Forces
- From: "DAVID N. MARTIN, P.E" <dnmme6622(--nospam--at)mail.lamere.net>
- Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 17:41:56 -0400
I work in the state of Maine and always design for lateral forces, wind and yes seismic. As a matter of fact the design for lateral forces is usually the most challenging part of the design. Verly often seismic design presents the most challenges, for example complying with lateral drift limitations. Unfortunately their is the attitude among some that earthquakes will never happen. I hope this answered the question. David N. Martin, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Earthquakes and land movement + claim of properties
- Next by Subject: Re:East Coast Lateral Forces
- Previous by thread: Karl Marx
- Next by thread: Re:East Coast Lateral Forces