Roof Construction - 1 hour fire rating

I am designing a Type II construction building under SBCCI building code.
Type II construction in SBCCI is non-combustible for all the UBC designers.
The roof of the building is hipped with a 4:12 pitch and about a 64 feet
span.  The framing will be steel bar joists clear spanning between the
exterior walls.  To create the slope the bar joists will have a stepped top
chord, like a wood truss roof.  My question has to do with fire rating.  I
need a 1 hour rated roof assembly.  Can anybody answer the following:

  1. The UL Directory shows flat roof in their diagrams.  Can I use the UL
systems on a sloping top chord and horizontal bottom chord/ceiling roof
assembly?  Is there anything special that has to be done to the system to use
it on a sloped roof?
  2. The roof assembly must be non-combustible.  Ideally I would like to use
asphalt shingles.  Is there a roof construction assembly which allows asphalt
shingles?  I donÕt want to use fire retardant treated plywood.  Is there a
way to get combustible plywood in the system?  Am I stuck with metal roofing?

Thanks for your help.

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team
rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org