Re: Question for East Coast Engineers

Bill,

Do I detect a note of sarcasm in your message?  Unfortunately, the
employment issues plays heavily when engineers propose changes to
provisions which don't require their invovement.  SEAOC was accused by a
number of building officials of developing "full employment provisions"
when we proposed something as simple as Structural Observation.  That's why
it took us seven years to get limited provisions in the code.

This is a reality when you take on conventional framing.  Like it or not!