Re: Question for East Coast Engineers

I still believe that there are some buildings which can be built using the
Conventional Framing Provisions of the UBC. We just need to add a few more
provisions like header table, interior wall bracing connections to roof
diaphragm, seimic ties, straps, drags at discontinuities and re-entrant
corners, etc. We may also need to clarify some of the provisions by drawing
detail sketches simple and clear enough for  contractor or layman to
understand and build.. We also have to be very clear on what type of building
are within the scope of these provisions. Any building that does not qualify
must be partially or fully "engineered".

Ernie Natividad