CORTEN Steel

Lynn,

Ryerson Steel is one supplier of CORTEN A and B.  According to the
Ryerson supply manual, CORTEN A is for thicknesses to 1/2 inch and
conforms to ASTM A242 (Type 1), and CORTEN B is for thicknesses
over 1/2 inch and conforms to ASTM A588.  They are often used
wherever weight reduction or maintenance cost savings are prime
considerations.  It has a yield strength of 50 ksi and a resistance to
atmospheric corrosion four times greater than carbon steel; but it costs
about 35% more to manufacture than A36 steel according to Ryerson.
It's listed as a structural steel, but Ryerson can manufacture CORTEN A
to a minimum of 3/16 inches thick.  Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Michael S. Davis, P.E.