RE: Question for East Coast Engineers

Anyone who has specific conditions on a project of improper use of
conventional framing is welcome to send photographs to me. Please contact me
privately for my address. If you can send photo's, please indicate on the
reverse side of the photo the particular problem (I don't have time to
guess). I won't guarantee that all photos will appear on the page, but I
will follow Ernie's advice and post those that are unique and clearly show
the condition. I can scan photo's so you don't have to deal with this. I am
sure I am limited to the size of my site (I have not negotiated the ISP as
yet).
Again, please contact me privately.
One other page I will create for the List use will be for email that I can
publish related to Bill Allens Question as to who should be allowed to
practice structural engineering. I ask that you submit more than opinions,
if you have particular examples of abuses please share these. We need
specific information pertaining to abuse by non-structural engineers who
have crossed the border. Many of you might draw from experiences after
Northridge.
This problem is not limited to California. If you are a building official or
plan check engineer and have specific examples of problems where architects
have submitted structural work with known deficiencies, I'd like to know
about it.
All submittals can be sent to my email address below.
Thanks for the help getting this public.

Dennis Wish PE
wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com