Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Internships for summer?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Internships for summer?
- From: MRodrig273 <MRodrig273(--nospam--at)AOL.com>
- Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 02:15:16 EDT
I agree with all the other engineers. As a graduating Cal Poly ARCE (Architectural Engineer) student, I feel that getting some engineering experience before graduation is very important. I had worked with a structural engineer for a couple of years, and i am currently working with an architect doing structural calculations. I feel that my work experience has made me comfortable with design and also very familiar with the building codes. There are a lot of students that I am graduating with that have not even been inside a engineering office, although they are straight A student, they don't know one thing about putting a detail together or how to draw and read a framing plan, but when you ask them to prove a strucutural theory they can fill up a board with equations. I think it is important for students to spend their summers working for an engineers office, even just running errands or answering phone calls. My two cents worth Marlou ARCE 98 Cal Poly, SLO
- Prev by Subject: Re: Internships for summer?
- Next by Subject: RE: Internships for summer?
- Previous by thread: Re: Internships for summer?
- Next by thread: RE: Internships for summer?