1Meg modem w/ DSLine: $20./mo?

     I heard about a much faster system becoming or now available . I was
listening to the " kim commando computer radio show ". Can anyone tell more
about the DSL : digital subscriber line . Is it available yet and is it about
$20.00 per month as i heard? Also is the 1Meg modem been seen yet ( supposedly
17 times faster than a 56k ) and is it $150.00? Now with these and a $120.00
computer camera are we ready for video conferencing soon?
     This subject came up three months ago and it was suggested that it would
be 10 months to be practical but it appears to be coming faster. I would
really appreciate any updates on this .
     Thanks in advance.

     Tom Harris , SE
     Thousand Oaks, CA