RE: 1Meg modem w/ DSLine: $20./mo?

We tried to order it where I work however it is not available in my area.  I live about 30 miles to the east of Birmingham but do not fall under BellSouth coverage, thus I don't know if they are testing it there.  Our GTE representative said that they are rapidly expanding coverage of DSL out west.  You California guys maybe the first ones to get it.  Though we can't get DSL we were able to get an equivalent.  We ordered what's called a dry pair loop.  The phone company runs a copper line from our office to their switchhouse and then to our ISP.  The line is attached directly to his T1 line.  Speeds are supposed to be up to 200x (8.8k).  Our cost from the phone company is $40.00/month + whatever our ISP is charging us for his T1.  We also are going to have to purchase (2) ADSL modems @ $1100.00 a pop.  For a two man office that's pretty steep, but time is money.  Installation should be in a couple of weeks.  I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

John Jones
Pell City, AL